7-Day Adventure Vacation in Juneau, Alaska
Alaska: Glaciers, Whales, Bears & Beer
One of the most scenic and thrilling cities in Alaska, this 7-day Juneau itinerary includes 2 roundtrip tickets from anywhere Alaska Airlines flies, raw wilderness experiences with luxury accommodation and gourmet dining. Explore the best Juneau has to offer with a helicopter glacier trek, ride on a seaplane to view brown bears and enjoy a day cruise that features the historic Sentinel Lighthouse. You will relish meals at the base of a glacier and voyage the inside passage on a whale-watching tour. The trip also includes a welcome package provided by Alaskan Brewing Company and other local businesses.
- Enjoy a flightseeing tour of the Juneau Icefield and land at the Taku Glacier Lodge for a delicious Alaskan meal.
- Explore Pack Creek Bear Sanctuary, hiking through the rainforest and observing brown bears.
- Learn about the 37-year history of Alaskan Brewing Company through a private guided tour and beer tasting.
Trip Itinerary Overview (Final Itinerary subject to change)
- After arriving in Juneau, the evening before, explore historic downtown shops and businesses from your centrally located hotel, Four Points by Sheraton Juneau.
- Take a complimentary shuttle to midtown Juneau for your VIP tour of the Alaskan Brewing Company facility and a guided beer tasting in the Tasting Room.
- Wake up and enjoy a full-day excursion with Above and Beyond Alaska & Alaska Seaplanes. First, you will take a scenic float plane flight to Admiralty Island Pack Creek, where you will be greeted by a park Ranger. In Pack Creek, your time will be spent exploring the bear habitat, hiking through the rainforest, and observing brown bears in two different possible areas – at the viewing spit and in the forest at the observation tower along the stream.
- Start your day with a ride on the Goldbelt Tram up Mount Roberts for a tour that combines a scenic easy walk on the Alpine Loop with a beer-tasting experience in the Tr'Ale House (beer garden).
- Join Allen Marine Tours for a locally sourced Alaskan dinner cruise Evening Whale Quest. Enjoy cuisines like white fish Olympia, reindeer sausage cassoulet, seafood chowder and more while on board a 78’ catamaran viewing amazing marine wildlife like humpback whales, Stellar sea lions, and harbor seals.
- Take a unique, accessible tour experience with Glacier Gardens Rainforest Adventure tour. Their guides will pick you up from their botanical garden and take you through the rainforest up to 500 ft. elevation to a beautiful viewing area before returning you back to the beautifully maintained botanical garden and Visitors Center Atrium and Rainforest Cafe.
- Finish your day with an experience, you’ll savor forever, come cook and dine with the Jorgenson House. Learn how to prepare fresh Alaska seafood and other gourmet specialties in a private cooking class with a local expert chef. Prepare three courses alongside the Jorgenson House chef instructor and enjoy creations of wild Alaska seafood, fresh pasta, or gourmet chocolate dishes.
- Join NorthStar Helicopters for a Glacier Trek with the opportunity to explore Juneau’s incredible range of ecosystems while soaring over old-growth trees of the Tongass National Forest, dramatic mountain ranges, and expansive flows of ice that change from white to brilliant shades of blue on the Mendenhall Glacier. Flight routes are the pilots’ choice depending on conditions to give you the best views of the day.
- Finish your day with Juneau Lighthouse Tours, searching for Humpback whales and other marine wildlife when you arrive at Sentinel Island take a short scenic boardwalk to tour the Sentinel lighthouse tower.
- Start your day with Cycle Alaska for a relaxed, guided bike ride in the Tongass Rainforest complete with Mendenhall glacier views and a tasting of Alaskan beers.
- Enjoy a window seat on a seaplane with Wings Airways for glacier flightseeing, the remote and historic private Taku Glacier Lodge, wilderness trails, wildlife, and to top it off a scrumptious wild Alaska salmon feast. Escape into the true Alaskan wilderness within minutes of leaving downtown Juneau to Taku Glacier Lodge which is on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Soak up the last moments of your Alaskan adventure before boarding an Alaska Airlines flight home.