The Alaska Native gallery at the Alaska State Museum is a great place to experience the cultures from all around Alaska in one beautiful place. Photo by Lara Swimmer.
A northern Alaska Inupiaq umiak (skin boat) over the Native galleries in the Alaska State Museum. Photo by Lara Swimmer.
The Foreign Voyagers exhibit in the Alaska State Museum highlights the voyages of the Spanish, Russians, French, British, and Americans to Alaska. Photo by Lara Swimmer.
A Bristol Bay double-ender fishing boat on display in the canneries and maritime exhibits at the Alaska State Museum. Photo by Lara Swimmer.
Alaska State Museum
The Alaska State Museum is a great way to experience the history, art, and culture of the many diverse regions of Alaska through extensive permanent exhibits augmented by seasonally changing exhibits. Museum admission during the summer season is $14 for people 19 to 64 years of age, people 65 years of age or older are $13, and youth (18 and under) are free. The museum is located at 395 Whittier St., Juneau, AK 99801.
We are open Tuesday - Sunday from 9 am - 4:30 pm. In April we will be open Mondays from 12 - 4:30 pm. Starting in May we will be open Tuesday- Sunday 9 am - 4:30 pm and Mondays 1 - 4:30 pm.
For groups larger than 10 persons, we recommend calling and making an appointment. Otherwise, walk-in visits are welcome.
For those who are interested in an Annual Pass: the cost is $40 for one calendar year pass for one person and can be purchased at the Alaska State Museum Visitor Services front desk.
Additional details regarding Exhibits, Events, Collections, Education, and Statewide Services please see our online web page: https://museums.alaska.gov/asm/asmhome.html
- Time to Centennial Hall Convention Center: 2
- Time to Juneau International Airport: 12
- Days of Operation: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
- Summer Hours: 9 AM - 4:30 PM Tuesday - Sunday, 1 PM-4:30 PM Mondays
- Winter Hours: 10AM - 4 PM
- Wheelchair Accessible:
- Accepts MasterCard:
- Accepts Visa:
- Accepts American Express:
- Wireless Internet Access:
- No Contact Services:
- Sneeze Guards/Contact Barriers:
- Reduced Occupancy/Occupancy Limits:
- Social Distancing Guidelines Enforced:
- Social Distance Markings/Signage:
- Social Distance Furniture Configurations:
- Mobile Payments Accepted:
- Hand Wash/Sanitizer Stations:
- CDC Recommended Cleaning Procedures:
- Virtual Events:
- Open For Business: