Alaska State Libraries Archives and Museums
Due to heightened local and State Covid-19 measures, the Alaska State Libraries, Archives and Museum (SLAM), located within the Father Andrew P.Kashevaroff building (APK), are temporarily open during limited hours. Please call or check our website for virtual exhibits and updates on re-opening and hours. Staff remain available during regular business hours by phone and email.
The State Library and Archives offer extensive Alaskana collections of books, journals, records, video and audio recordings, photos, newspapers and magazines and are normally open Tuesday-Friday from 12pm-4pm. Admission is free. The Museum features world-class exhibits on Alaskan history, art and culture and normally is open Wednesday-Sunday from 9am-5pm and admission is $9 in winter and $14 in summer with youth always free.
THE STATE MUSEUM WILL BE CLOSED SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 5, 2021 IN OBSERVANCE OF LABOR DAY.
- Time to Juneau International Airport: 12
- Days of Operation: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
- Hours of Operation: 9AM - 5PM
- Wheelchair Accessible:
- Accepts MasterCard:
- Accepts Visa:
- Accepts American Express:
- Wireless Internet Access:
- No Contact Services:
- Sneeze Guards/Contact Barriers:
- Reduced Occupancy/Occupancy Limits:
- Social Distancing Guidelines Enforced:
- Social Distance Markings/Signage:
- Social Distance Furniture Configurations:
- Mobile Payments Accepted:
- Hand Wash/Sanitizer Stations:
- CDC Recommended Cleaning Procedures:
- Virtual Events:
- Open For Business: