Wings Airways/Taku Glacier Lodge
A True Alaskan Experience! We offer two unique tours that highlight the glaciers surrounding Juneau by authentic floatplane (travel the way Southeast Alaskaners do!).
1) Taku Lodge Feast & 5 Glacier Seaplane Discovery: (As seen in Cooking with Paula Deen & Bon Appétit Magazine)
- Water take-off in the heart of downtown Juneau
- 5-Glacier Floatplane Flightseeing on fully modified classic DeHaviland seaplanes
- EVERYONE has a window seat
- Remote river landing at the Taku Glacier Lodge
- 1923 Taku Lodge is listed on the Registry of Historical Places
- Located in the heart of the Tongass National Forrest and across from the Taku Glacier
- Always serving fresh Wild Alaska King Salmon
- Not just a “Salmon Bake” but a “Salmon Feast”
- Your meal will be complimented with all homemade side dishes for brunch, lunch or dinner
- Enjoy your drinks chilled with actual 1000 year old glacier ice
- Hear the history behind the Taku Lodges placement on the map of Alaska
- After meal choices include exploring on a guided interpretative nature walk, wandering the well-maintained trails of the old growth forest independently, or relax with a beverage and soak in the serenity of a place scarcely touched by time
- And always look for the wild black bears that frequent the Taku Lodge grounds!
Rain or shine this trip will be an experience of a lifetime and a true look at Mother Nature in her finest. This is the essence of what memories are made of. Everyone has a window seat!
2) The 5-Glacier Seaplane Exploration: The grandeur of Alaska will thrill and delight you beyond expectation on this unforgettable multi-glacier flightseeing tour where everyone enjoys a window seat.
- Explore The Juneau icefield's most stunning glaciers by authentic floatplane
- View 5 massive glaciers flowing from the Juneau Icefield (the MOST seen in a flightseeing tour)
- The highlight of this adventure will be the views of the magnificent glaciers, remnants of the Ice Age, making up the spectacular Juneau Icefield's 1,500 square miles of solid ice
- Take flight from the heart of the downtown waterfront
- Travel aboard classic DeHavilland aircraft that have been fully modified with turbine engines, large viewing windows and personal headsets for each guest
- Full narration throughout the experience to better know the history and geography of the region and ice field
- Keep a lookout for possible wildlife such as goats, moose, bears and eagles
- A photographers dream!
- Your excursion concludes with a smooth water landing in the downtown harbor.
Let Wings Airways show you best of the Alaskan Spirit!
- Summer Only:
- Sunday Brunch:
- Children's Menu:
- Outdoor Dining:
- Beer - Wine Service:
- Waterview - Waterfront Dining:
Visible on Web
- Seasonal Operation:
Glacier Sightseeing and Activities
- Glacier Flightseeing:
Whale Watching - Wildlife Viewing
- Bear Viewing: