Wings Airways/Taku Glacier Lodge
A True Alaskan Experience! This unique 3-hour tour highlights the glaciers surrounding Juneau by authentic floatplane and the historic Taku Glacier Lodge.
Taku Lodge Feast & 5-Glacier Seaplane Discovery:
- Depart for your tour on the waters of the Downtown Juneau waterfront.
- Fly in a classic deHaviiland Otter floatplane, each holding 10 passengers and offering full narration and a window seat view for all!
- View 5 massive glaciers en route to the lodge including the LARGEST glacier, The Taku.
- The remote Taku River will be your "runway" at the Taku Glacier Lodge which was built in 1923 and is listed on the National Registry of Historical Places.
- Be surrounded by the Tongass National Forrest everywhere you go and have the Hole-in-the-Wall Glacier in sight.
- Be sure to keep a look out for the wild black bears that frequent the Taku Lodge grounds!
- Indulge in a Fresh Wild Alaska Salmon "Feast" with a number of homemade side dishes that allow a person, no matter what their dietary restrictions are, to never leave hungry!
- Enjoy your drinks that are chilled with 1000-year-old glacier ice.
- Hear the stories of what makes the Taku Lodge so special and why it's a staple in history.
- After your meal, explore on a guided nature walk along the well-maintained trails of the old growth forest or relax with a beverage and soak in the serenity of a place scarcely touched by time.
- Your journey will end with a scenic flight back to Downtown Juneau.
Rain or shine this trip will be an experience of a lifetime. Let Wings Airways show you best of Alaska and book today!
Don't have enough time in your itinerary for the full tour? Ask us about our 40-minute, 5-glacier flightseeing tour!
- Outdoor Seating:
- Waterview | Waterfront:
- Open Summer Only:
- Days of Operation: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
- Summer Hours: 7:00am-9:00pm AKST
- Winter Hours: 10:00am-3:00pm AKST
- Accepts MasterCard:
- Accepts Visa:
- Accepts American Express:
- Accepts PayPal:
- Weight/Height Limits: 300lb weight limit
- Vessel Type: Other
- Private Tours Available:
- Language Translation Available: Spanish, French, German, Portugese, Italian, Chinese (Mandarin), Japanese, Arabic, Russian, Dutch
- Mobile Payments Accepted:
- Hand Wash/Sanitizer Stations:
- CDC Recommended Cleaning Procedures:
- Open For Business: