Gustavus Visitors Association
The Gateway to Glacier Bay, Gustavus offers a microcosm of all the natural beauty of Alaska. Gustavus is not too big — no industry interfering with the wilderness, no influx of cruise travelers, no string of souvenir shops — and not too small. Lodgings cater to personal tastes and are available in a range of prices and a variety of styles. Many of our restaurants feature local seafood and produce fresh from the garden.
About 50 air miles from Juneau, Gustavus is remote but easy to reach. Charter and small planes furnish year-round service from neighboring communities. During the summer, Alaska Airlines provides daily jet service between Juneau and Gustavus and the Alaska Marine Highway ferry system also comes to Gustavus twice a week.
Take a day boat tour into the majestic Glacier Bay. Paddle on a guided kayak excursion or chart your own self guided course of exploration. Go on a whale watching tour, or cast a line for world-class halibut and salmon sports fishing. Find a guide to take you on a photography, ecology, biology, mycology or birding tour. Flightseeing, backpacking, biking, boating, and other activities are also available.
Gustavus is not too big or too small-it's just right!
- Private Bath:
- Family Friendly (12 and under welcome):
- Washer | Dryer:
- Time to Gustavus Airport: 30
- Wheelchair Accessible:
- No Contact Services:
- Sneeze Guards/Contact Barriers:
- Reduced Occupancy/Occupancy Limits:
- Social Distancing Guidelines Enforced:
- Social Distance Markings/Signage:
- Social Distance Furniture Configurations:
- Mobile Payments Accepted:
- Hand Wash/Sanitizer Stations:
- CDC Recommended Cleaning Procedures:
- Open For Business:
- Takeout Available: