Mendenhall Glacier Visitor Center
The USDA Forest Service Mendenhall Glacier Visitor Center is located in the Mendenhall Valley, 12 miles from downtown Juneau. Visitors may reach the visitor center by city bus, taxi, tour bus or rental car. The city bus drops visitors a mile and a half from the visitor center.
The Mendenhall Glacier Visitor Center provides amazing views of the glacier and lake and high-quality recreation opportunities with emphasis on glacial phenomena, ecosystems and protection of fish and wildlife. Staff at the visitor center are available to answer questions about the area.
There is a $5 entrance fee for 16 & over at the visitor center during summer months (May 1 to September 30) when the visitor center is open from 10am to 6pm daily. Winter (October to April) is free (no fee required) and visitor center hours are Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 10am - 4pm.
- Water Hookups:
- Electrical Hookups:
- Sewer Hookups:
- Tent Spaces:
- Dump Station:
- Days of Operation: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
- Summer Hours: 10 AM - 6 PM
- Winter Hours: 10 AM - 4 PM
- Wheelchair Accessible:
- No Contact Services:
- Sneeze Guards/Contact Barriers:
- Social Distance Markings/Signage:
- Health & Safety Policy: View
- Hand Wash/Sanitizer Stations:
- CDC Recommended Cleaning Procedures:
- Virtual Events:
- Open For Business: