Actors Kelly Gibson (from left), Aaron T. Moore, and Shadow Meienberg reframe the battle of the sexes in THE UNDERPANTS, Steve Martin's uproarious comedy.
Vimel Sephus in the title role of 'The Elaborate Entrance of Chad Diety,' by Kris Diaz, a hit from our 39th season.
Perseverance Theatre's mission is to create professional theatre by and for Alaskans. We value community engagement, cross-cultural collaboration, professional rigor, and regional voice. The Theatre was founded in 1979 and has built a national reputation, producing a diverse season of classic and contemporary plays and musicals. Our programming includes:
- Mainstage season at our facility in Juneau
- Anchorage season at the Alaska Center for the Performing Arts
- New play workshops, readings, and Black Box productions in our Phoenix Theatre (second space)
- Outstanding education and training programs for youth and adults
Perseverance has premiered dozens of new plays by writers from Alaska and around the country, most recently Dreaming Glacier Bay, by Joel Bennet, and William, Inc., by Lucas Rowley. We recently launched the Playwright's Circle to support the development of original scripts, with a focus on historically underrepresented voices and talents. We serve hundreds of area students and their families with our popular STAR (summer youth acting program) and Spring Break drama camps, Young Company (after-school production opportunities for youth), reduced-price school matinees, and other programs.
- Time to Centennial Hall Convention Center: 10
- Time to Juneau International Airport: 20
- Wheelchair Accessible:
- Accepts MasterCard:
- Accepts Visa:
- Accepts American Express:
- Wireless Internet Access: